Why Use a Tenant Representative when Leasing Office Space
The value of having an experienced tenant representative acting on your behalf
The cost of leasing office space is one of a business’s biggest expenses, in most cases second only to payroll. Getting the best value for that huge expenditure is critical.
Also, office location, the amount of space, and the way that space is designed all heavily influence customer confidence, productivity, and employee satisfaction, so the office space selection process deserves time and attention. It’s critical to manage the move itself so the process goes smoothly with minimal disruption for customers and staff.
Most importantly, though, leases last for years, so any decisions reached and terms made are decisions and terms the business will have to live with long-term. Most businesses will have to deal with either relocating or renegotiating their existing office lease on a regular basis, but it’s hard to stay proficient at something you only do every 3-5 years. A practical reference such as Move Your Office combined with an ongoing relationship with the right commercial real estate professional can make all the difference in maximizing your productivity and minimizing down time.
An experienced tenant representative acting on your behalf can simplify the process of leasing office space while saving you time and money.
Most business owners or manager address space needs a few times in their careers. Increasingly, businesses of all sizes have found that it is a useful practice to employ the services of a Tenant Representative who has the market knowledge, insight and the experience to minimize risk and maximize opportunity for your company.
Virtually every office building is represented by a building manager and/or a broker who has a fiduciary responsibility to make the most profitable transaction possible for the building owner. It is important for you to do what Landlord’s do: Enter into any office leasing negotiation armed with your own representative, someone who is looking out for your best interests.
A tenant representative will:
- Work within your overall corporate strategy to help you develop a real estate plan that supports your business vision and goals.
- Help you determine your particular office space needs, including the type of space, the square footage, and the most efficient layout and design.
- Analyze the market and identify potential properties that meet your specific criteria and provide a detailed comparative analysis of each one.
- Utilizing our market knowledge and experience, negotiate the most competitive lease terms available.
- Streamline your relocation process by helping you create timelines, schedule tasks, and manage vendor relationships so that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Deliver the highest level of professionalism, responsiveness, integrity, and quality of service on every assignment.
Latest Blog Posts
Businesses move to new office space for many reasons. Whatever the reason, it better be compelling because moving is a complex process. Read More
The time has come to move your office. Make the transition to your company’s new home easier by hiring the right people to carry all the freight. This d... Read More
Considering a move into a new office space? Maybe your business has blossomed and needs more space, or you simply need a change of venue to impress clients... Read More