The Office Leasing and Relocation Process
How to attain the ideal office for your business
Determine Your Needs
- How much space do you require?
- What type of building fits your business?
- What is your preferred geographic location?
- Establish your rental expense budget.
Identify Potential Properties
- A thorough market survey of available properties meeting your requirements will be provided.
- List is narrowed by excluding any properties that are undesirable.
- A property tour of the remaining facilities will be scheduled.
Take a Property Tour
- Guided-tour of the prospective properties.
- Two or three properties that would best fit your needs are identified.
- Re-tour specific properties, if necessary, to gather additional information.
Preliminary Space Planning
- A space planner or architect will help determine the most efficient use of space at your two or three top building alternatives.
- The general type and amount of changes required will be established for construction cost estimate purposes.
The Request for Proposal (RFP)
- RFP’s will be prepared and distributed to the landlords of your top two or three building choices.
Select a Building or Space
- RFP analysis based on the RFP responses will be provided.
- Based on the RFP analysis and the preliminary space plans, determine which space would be the best alternative for your business.
- A Letter of Intent will be sent to the landlord of your selected property outlining the terms you intend the lease to be based on.
- First draft of lease will be requested from landlord.
- Lease review by your commercial real estate broker, decision-maker(s) from your company and your real estate attorney.
- Renegotiate and/or accept lease terms.
- Build-out of space begins.
- Construction progress is monitored throughout the build-out period.
- Final walk-through is performed.
- Certificate of Occupancy is delivered.
- Network/telecommunications equipment set up and testing.
- Move in furnishings and equipment.
Latest Blog Posts
Businesses move to new office space for many reasons. Whatever the reason, it better be compelling because moving is a complex process. Read More
The time has come to move your office. Make the transition to your company’s new home easier by hiring the right people to carry all the freight. This d... Read More
Considering a move into a new office space? Maybe your business has blossomed and needs more space, or you simply need a change of venue to impress clients... Read More